In today’s digital-driven world, social media marketing is one of the most effective ways to grow your business. Instagram has proven itself to be one of the most popular and effective platforms for businesses. Its user base seems to grow with every passing day. What started as a mobile app to share photos has developed into a diverse social media platform.
With over 1 billion users - about 60% of whom use the app daily - Instagram is the perfect platform to grow your audience and build brand awareness. In fact, 83% of users have said they discovered new products or services via Instagram.
Do you want to put your brand in front of Instagram’s engaged user base? In this blog post, we will explain exactly why and how Instagram marketing can prove beneficial for your business.
Follow these tips to get started on Instagram:
1. Create an Instagram Business or Creator account. With a business or creator account, you have access to additional insights, analytics, advertising ability, and special profile benefits (such as contact info).
2. Optimize your profile. Take steps to optimize your profile so people can easily find you in search and learn about your business just by looking at your profile.
- Use a recognizable profile picture
- Have a searchable username and name
- Choose the correct category for your business
- Write an engaging, descriptive bio Include website and contact information
3. Decide which hashtags to use for your Instagram posts. Hashtags help categorize your content. You can use up to 30 hashtags per post. Choose at least one relevant hashtag so that users can find your business and you can even create your own brand hashtag to be more recognizable.
4. Get familiar with the types of posts on Instagram. There are a variety of ways you can share content and engage your audience on Instagram:
- Grid. Your Instagram feed displays photos and videos that appear on your profile. Your posts can have captions with up to 2,200 characters. Keep in mind that the first two lines of your caption will appear before a “Read More” prompt. With this in mind, write the first two lines to be engaging or incite curiosity to increase the engagement rate.
- Stories. Stories are photos or videos that disappear after 24 hours unless they are added to your profile highlights. You can post more often. With this format, you can post more behind-the-scenes and real-time content.
- IGTV.You can post vertical, longer-form videos via Instagram’s IGTV platform. These IGTV videos can also be displayed on your grid and stories.
- Reels. Instagram Reels are 15-30 second vertical video clips that can be shared on your stories as well. These are a great way to engage your current audience.
From there, you can create a content schedule of what to post on Instagram.
Types of content to post on Instagram:
- Behind-the-scenes. Post content that shows followers the behind-the-scenes of your company.
- Motivational. Curate shareable, inspirational quotes that align with your brand values and resonate with your audience. Add your company’s branding to quote graphics you post on social media!
- Tutorial. Tutorials and how-to guide your customers through specific problems. Tutorials are great targeted marketing examples because you know prospects who land on a tutorial are there to solve a specific problem.
- Video. There are several ways you can add a video to Instagram, including Instagram stories, 60-second grid videos, 15-30 second reels, or on IGTV.
- User-Generated Content (UGC). Sharing posts from your followers (UGC) can be a great way to build a relationship with those followers, engage with other followers, and effortlessly fill your content schedule!
- Case studies and testimonials. This type of content uses authentic stories to show followers about your product or service. Through real customer stories, you can show that you understand customer pain points.
- Storytelling. With this content, you share your brand’s story. Even though it’s a story, there should be a lesson here. Storytelling content builds awareness and engages your prospective customers.
By balancing between these types of content, you hit many goals, including expanding your reach, connecting with your customer, and telling them about your business.
Overall, posting on Instagram humanizes your company through visuals.
There are plenty of ways to grow your reach and market on Instagram. It’s a dynamic platform that gives you many ways to connect with viewers and humanize your brand! Instagram is a powerhouse of a marketing platform. It boasts a massive user base, offers creators and businesses many options for content, and is highly engaging.
If you want to reach your target audience, market your brand, and drive sales, there is no better platform than Instagram. In order to be successful with your Instagram marketing, it’s important to create valuable and eye-catching content, create a consistent content strategy, engage with your followers, and, most importantly, be authentic.
If you want to implement a social media marketing strategy on Instagram but don’t know how or where to start, we have the solution for you!
Our Shared Services Center has a fully capable, bilingual, expert team of marketing specialists and offers a fixed number of hours per month to entrepreneurs in flexible plans that have no strings attached.
To learn more about us and how we can help you, contact us.