What’s your dream job? Do you picture yourself in an office, or would you instead work from home? Wherever you imagine yourself working, do you see yourself as a remote worker? If so, we have good news—remote jobs are on the rise, and there are plenty of ways to find and land one. If not, read on to discover some great tips for finding and landing a remote job.
Working from home is more common than ever before. A Korn Ferry poll revealed that 75% of companies expect to operate more virtually. This article will cover everything you need to know about remote jobs and how to find and land one of your own.
What is a Remote Job?
Remote jobs are where you aren’t required to be in an office. It can include everything from customer service agent positions to data scientist positions. Some companies even have fully remote teams, with members working from all over the world.
Remote jobs are more common than ever and are a great way to earn a living while maintaining a flexible schedule. Remote jobs have the added benefit of being location independent, meaning they don’t tie you to a specific location. You can move your remote job with you as you travel, or you can take a remote job in one place while living in another.
How to Find and Land a Remote Job
Finding a remote job is a bit different than finding an office job. You’ll need to focus on building your brand and finding the right companies. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Define your career goal - First and foremost, you need to know what you want. If you wish to transition to a remote job or find a new one, you must have a clear path and goals. Your goals may include finding a higher-paying job or narrowing your focus to a specific industry.
- Develop your brand - Remote jobs are all about marketing yourself. That goes beyond the application process—selling yourself to potential employers before applying. Start building your brand by creating a solid online presence and investing in personal branding items.
- Find the right companies - Instead of searching for jobs, search for companies. Company job boards and career websites often post remote positions, but you’ll need to dig to find the right ones.
Also, inform yourself of the benefits of working as a freelancer vs. working for a PEO. At Cápita Works, we provide virtual assistants with private health and life insurance, life and on-demand training, social events, and wellness programs, among other perks.
- Network and build relationships - You can find remote jobs posted online and network with remote talent scouts. Connect with people in your industry and put yourself out there.
- Develop a remote-friendly resume - Your resume needs to be remote job-friendly. That means keeping it short and sweet and focusing on relevant skills and accomplishments.
- Stay engaged with the remote job community - Stay up to date with the remote job scene by following remote-focused blogs, joining remote job boards, and joining remote work groups and communities. You can check out our blog here.
Use online resume platforms and recruiters.
Several online resume platforms can help you build a remote-friendly resume. These platforms allow you to choose your title and layout and select the best content for you. Recruiters can be a great resource when it comes to finding remote jobs. Many recruiters deal mainly with remote jobs and can help you find and land the right remote job for you.
At Cápita Works, we connect you with innovative companies in the US in a wide range of industries. Check out our current job postings, or send your CV to email@example.com. To learn more about our benefits, click here. For any further doubts, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remote jobs are a great way to earn a living while maintaining a flexible schedule. To find and land a remote job, start by defining your career goal, developing your brand, finding the right companies, and going beyond job listings with company research. Once you’ve done that, use online resume platforms and recruiters and stay engaged with the remote job community to find the right remote job for you.