Sometimes we feel like we have more assignments than hours in the day. This brings more pressure into being productive because the more you get done each day, the more success you can experience.
Also, by being more productive you give yourself the opportunity to have more free time, too. Time always seems to be in short supply. If you get more out of your day, you’re making better use of your time.
Increasing your productivity can have a positive effect on your professional and personal life.
Use these tips to get more done in less time:
- Plan. To get the most out of any day, it’s important to know what you’re going to do before the day even begins. Decide how you're going to spend your day the night before. That way, you can get to work and accomplish things as soon as you wake up.
- Get up earlier. You'll be surprised how much more you can accomplish and how much better you feel about the day if you start it a little bit earlier. Many of the most productive and successful people in the world share the habit of waking up early.
- Turn off social media. Social media is a timewaster. Set aside a time in the evening to catch up with your friends and family but avoid wasting too much time on this. It's a huge mistake to engage in social media during work hours. Focus on work during your work hours, focus on your social life once you’re done with work. It’s pretty simple!
- Get as much done as possible early in the day. If you can get a lot done in the morning, the rest of the day will go well, and you will feel like time passes faster. However, if you struggle to accomplish anything early in the day, the rest of the day usually goes poorly. This is part of the reason why it's so important to have a plan and to get up early.
- Stick to one task at a time. Multitasking is for people that don't want to be productive. Choose one task, complete it, and then move on to a new one. Many studies have shown that multitasking is ineffective.
- Focus on the most important task or steps first. Avoid just doing the easiest or most enjoyable tasks first. Focus on completing the most important tasks, and you'll be much more productive to finish the hardest ones.
- Take regular breaks. You might get less done in the short-term, but you'll undoubtedly accomplish a lot more over a long day of work. Taking regular breaks refreshes your brain and makes it easier to focus. You'll be much more effective in the afternoon if you've been taking breaks earlier in the day.
How productive are you? How would your life improve if you got more done each day?
Most of us could use a couple more hours each day. Unfortunately, no one has found a practical way to alter time. However, you can learn to make better use of the time you have. You’re probably not as productive as you could be. Spend a month being more productive and see how it changes your life.
To know how you can become more productive and complete your daily tasks as a Virtual Assistant, visit our page and read our articles on the subject. Also, if you want to become a VA, feel free to check our latest job openings here: capitaworks.com/jobs.