Are you reaching a burnout point? Are you in need of a well-deserved vacation? Are you looking to grow, delegate and elevate your business, and cut your costs by up to 70%? If your answer is yes to one or more of these questions, stick around because it might be time for you to learn a little bit more about virtual assistants.
What to look for when choosing a company that hires VAs
- Transparency - Make sure the company you hire is fully transparent and will give you no problems or future hidden fees.
- Safe - Make sure you hire a company with US legal standing, and that can also be your employer of record in any LATAM country so that you have peace of mind when it comes to compliance.
- Employee care - Make sure they pay employees fair salaries and offer all VAs health, dental, and life insurance. This will create happy, loyal workers and therefore increase your employee retention rate.
Other factors to take into consideration:
- Cheap labor: Is the labor in the country you’re hiring so cheap to the point that they’re not receiving fair wages? Or maybe they’re working for multiple people!
- Cultural barriers: A person overseas might not be too familiar with the culture in the US, but a person across the border probably will be.
- Time zone: Virtual assistants located overseas are usually working the opposite schedule as you or they’re working their nights and it’s showing in their performance.
Types of VAs
Initially, VAs were thought of as people who worked remotely and would only help with small and simple tasks. This definition has outgrown itself now that technology is rapidly advancing, and the pandemic is isolating us more and more. We have adapted rapidly to this new way of working from home and now see it as normal for almost any job we can think of.
Some of the positions VAs have been carrying out range from entry level admin and executive assistants, to marketing specialists, to more skilled and specialized roles, like web developers.
How to hire a VA
First, you must be ready and have some acknowledgment of your challenges, goals, and plans. Once you have that, you’re ready for the next steps.
- Have a clear definition of what you want your VA to do for you. As we mentioned, the possibilities are endless, but clearly outlining your pain points is very important in order to find the right VA.
- Have a budget. Depending on the VA you want and the roles you want them to carry out, the price range can vary. Having a clear budget in mind can help you navigate the waters.
- Find a VA company that best suits your needs. Compare VA websites that offer what you want, what you need, and what you aspire and let the VA company help you with the rest. Yes, it’s that easy.
Best sites to hire a VA
Here are the 3 best websites. They are all very user-friendly and offer almost, if not everything mentioned in this article. Choosing has never been easier.
- Task Bullet has offices based in California, USA, and Manila, the Philippines.
- They use Filipino professionals to help your business.
- This virtual assistant company will get your tasks done in just a few steps.
- Ossisto provides support for companies with VAs that are skilled in administrative tasks.
- They are based in Bangalore, India, but they offer services in the United States, Australia, and Great Britain.
- Their services range from business support and IT to graphic design.
- San Diego-based, they can be your “Employer of Record” in any country in Latin America.
- Professionals are located minutes away from the border.
- They run a strict recruitment process that’s tailored to your needs.
- They’re insured in the US for GL, EPLI, Cyber, and Crime.
- They’re 100% law compliant so no loose ends for anyone.
- You can choose between a part-time or full-time VA!
- Running on EOS? They'll train your VA on EOS for you!
So, what’s my best choice?
This is a great example of what you want to look for when hiring any kind of virtual assistant. They will help you find a superstar remote worker that works exclusively for you. Since they specialize in nearshoring, their employees are located in minutes south of San Diego, California. All employees are found and tailored to your needs, so you don’t have to worry about them working for other companies. More than a VA, they are an extension of your company. You can manage them and have full contact with them on a day-to-day basis.
Whether you're considering hiring a VA to save your business up to 70% on overhead costs, make your life easier, or get your business growing, schedule a call today at capitaworks.com.